Monday, December 01, 2008

Decemberween

Thanksgiving '08 has come and gone. It made Thanksgiving '07 look like an under-budget high school play. And with the passing of Thanksgiving, I've really felt compelled to enumerate all the things for which I'm thankful. Well, I'm thankful that 2008 will be over soon. All of the positive developments of 2008 aside (and they were cool) I don't think that anybody will be able to convince me that, as far as years go, 2008 was not really weird. Because it was.

The London Wasps did beat Newcastle on Friday, by the way. It wasn't a blow-out though (17-23). Of much more significance was the Welsh victory over Australia (21-18) that happened on Saturday. It was only their third victory over a southern-hemisphere "big three" side (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) since 1995.

Decemberween is just around the corner. An indelible reminder of the coming of that jolly old coot, Dr. Christmas.

Here's something: Isaiah 44:22.

Happy December.

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home