Mysteries Abound!
Well it’s that time again, chums! Time to wrangle off the malodorous wet blanket of 2007 and accouter our frames with the unswervingly optimistic tabard of 2008! TRULY THRILLING!! Now far be it from me to make the nugatory claim that 2007 was an unpleasant year or a boring year or even a bad smelling year! Though it was certainly all of those things at different points, for the most part, it was genuinely glorious in nearly every way! With the conceivable exception of the things that sucked really, really bad, 2007 was characterized by good times a plenty! Let me think... Yes, indeed. It was a year of personal growth, hopeful expectation, and repetitious failure. Not the sort of enervated failure common to half-witted grade-schoolers and unmotivated girl scouts, but rather a much grander sort of failure. The sort of failure that makes other failures sit up and take notice! The sort of failures to that go on to be considered the very granddaddy of failures!! The kind of failures that slowly shuffle down the musty corridors of their nursing homes, barking unintelligible orders at the attendants! The failures that regale their visitors with those garrulous tales of yesteryear that are every bit as boring as they are nonsensical! These are the kinds of failures that fall asleep with their head immersed in a flavorful buttress of Salisbury steak and mushy green beans! The wizened, patriarchal failures that sit in their corners and behave with such hurtful disdain, but are really just so happy to see us! They just don’t know how to say it sometimes! So don’t be put off or daunted, fair reader! Just put your arms around that failure and let him know you care!! Maybe even take him out for a milkshake somewhere! IT COULDN’T HURT!!!
Now 2008 is going to be interesting, because unlike every other year that I’ve even been awake for, I don’t know where I’ll be at the end of it. I don’t know where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing or if there’ll be anybody around. It’ll be the first September in seventeen years that I will not be in school. Seventeen years… That’s about 77% of my life so far. That’s a C+ of my life. So by this time in 2008, I hope that I’m somewhere good, doing something worth doing, and if somebody else is there too, that would be all right. If none of those things come about, then I hope God is there, waiting to do something with me.
The Newcastle Falcons, ranked 10th in the Guinness Premiership, beat the number two ranked Saracens yesterday! It was a sweet game. Management discussions concerning Jonny Wilkinson’s contract will begin shortly. Stay tuned!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, KIDS!!
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home