Girl, You Know It’s True
That’s right, you know it’s true. Think about it. Buy me lunch. Anyhoo, the professorial threats are coming hot and heavy here at the lovely BS of U and I am stuck listening to Modest Mouse whine about how lame he is. Big days, hereabouts, by the by. My sister of these past 22 ought years has skipped town in a big way. She now officially hails from Omaha, Nebraska. All in all, that’s not a bad place to get your hailing done, but it is a bit of a piece from beautiful downtown Fortville. She will have a tremendous time out there though, at least that’s my forecast. Have fun there, sister, but don’t think you oughtn’t hurry back.
All of the midterm grades are in. The very worst grade weighs in at a hefty 82 ¾%. Geeze… so close to an 83%. I guess I just didn’t put in the sort of effort that would have warranted that extra ¼ of a percentage. I hope that I’m not in an interview someday and the guy on the other side of the desk goes “Oooh, I’m sorry Mr. Wolfgang, but we’re looking for someone who gets at least an 83% on his midterms.”
Pound for pound, I’d venture that Mondays are my least favorite day of the week right now. That said, Tuesdays are easily the most worthless. It’s not that I mind worthlessness all that much, I mean, heck, just look at me! But Tuesdays are rife with meetings in which nothing is accomplished, classes in which the assignment is always to keep my eyes open, and hours set aside to attend a phone that doesn’t ring and watch a lab for which no one comes. Tuesdays are crazy! I am not really expected to accomplish anything most of the time, but I just have to be there. I think that’s the kind of job I want. I want to fill a position that a company is obligated to have, but serves no real purpose. I figure that if I had a job about which I was passionate and I felt like I was accomplishing something worthwhile all the time, then I’d hit the peak on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and have no where to go from there. I can tolerate a lot of things, but I couldn’t deal with that.
Go Rockies, am I right? Geeze. Since I started going to college, I don’t remember a World Series that people talked about less.
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home