Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Little Jon


Compliments of the season, all.

The November “friendlies” are all but over and I for one am looking forward to the return of the Heineken Cup competition. There were some exciting games of course, and I think we've all learned a few things. What I've learned is that prior to every international rugby game, you can practically guarantee that there will be two corresponding headlines forthcoming from PlanetRugby.com. Say that Team A is favored and Team B is the underdog. Headline one: “Team B eyes upset.” Headline two: “Team A wary of Team B.” Every. Single. Game.

The Thanksgiving holiday was fantastic; there was much football-throwing, sweet-potato-eating, hay-ride-surviving, arcane-board-game-playing, Christmas-carol-singing, and much rejoicing. The rejoicing was due in no small part to the recent arrival of a lovely addition to the Wolfgang family: Lincoln Jon. Lincoln looks to be by far the wiliest of his siblings, as is evidenced by the fact that he was nearly 48 hours old before I was aware that he had been born. Quite a trick! I had held his older brother and sister within a few hours of their respective deliveries, but I had to wait more than a week to meet Lincoln. He was rather worth the wait I think, and I was impressed by his calm, collected manner. I look forward to watching this unassuming little playmaker grow and develop over the coming years. I predict that he'll play power-forward for Butler.

I was out meandering by the beautiful White River recently and I done seen a bald eagle.

So much to do and all I can think about is eating another sandwich.

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home