Slapdash at Best
"It's been a while" as they say. It seems to me that too much has happened in the past month to attempt a slapdash account for everything, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
Successfully danced through finals week. In a way, I think that finals went better this semester than they did last semester. Last semester my professor asked me in which of the four gospels could the Sermon on the Mount be found and my response was "Q."
Went to Costa Rica for a few weeks. Saw a monkey, a sloth, a parrot, a scorpion, and a Russian. I suffered several bodily contusions on our first trip to the beach, I almost got locked in a cemetery, and I received the blessing of the resident missionary to court his god-daughter. Also, other things happened as well.
I am roughly nine-tenths of the way through my first venture as a follicular farmer. Weighing in at roughly nine spirited inches of unmanageable mane, I feel as though I can speak with some authority when I say that having long hair is the worst. It is the worst. I don't know how the ladies is always putting up with it! Somehow, it had never before occurred to me that long hair does not naturally stay out of one's face. No matter what restraint mechanism I employ, there are always these wild-eyed rebels that scoff at my orderly efforts and break ranks at the slightest provocation, dangling all up in my grill.
While in Costa Rica, I had the unique opportunity to enjoy the fruit of an "ice cream bean" (also called guaba fruit, not to be confused with guava fruit). It had the general texture of cotton candy and it melted sweetly in your mouth. Don't reckon I've ever had anything quite like it before.
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home