Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cross-Browser Compatible!?

As I was perusing my RSS feeds over a cup of joe the other day, I couldn’t help but notice that a number of the blogs to which I subscribe were undergoing template changes. Three of them, actually. Now I’m nothing if not impressionable, so I figured it might be time to give This Blog and You’s circa-2001 rounded blue-on-blueness the ol’ boot. I gave some perusal to a few blogger template forums but wasn’t overly impressed with any of them.

After a spell I thought to myself, “Hey! I do this sort of thing. Why don’t I make my own?” and I did… Well, that’s almost true. I had actually made this little dealy in my spare time over the summer for a rugby club networking site about which I was brainstorming. It’s relatively “me” I guess. I’ve tested it in IE 7.0, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.1, and Firefox 2.0 and it looks pretty good in those last three. It looks OK in IE, but of course it’s slightly beyond me why anybody would be using that particular browser in the first place. I all but dropped the specialized mobile support, though. So to those of you who check This Blog and You on your iPhone, I’m not sure how it will render. Poorly, I imagine.

If something looks broken, I’d appreciate being made aware of it. I notice that the text is a little harder to read now. I may have to swap out that partially-transparent background for something less obnoxious, but I kind of hate to. Either way, we’re practically CSS compliant now.

I have a pretty sizable midterm next week. I would really appreciate your prayers and a root beer.

-Ryan

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jason Wolfgang said...

looks good... As long as I don't let google reformat it for my mobile device.

Text is hard to read againstvthe grass though

Your bro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home