Monday, May 12, 2008

And It's Practically June

It’s May 12, the BSU spring semester ended two weeks ago, AU’s graduation was last Saturday, I have already finished my first summer class, and I have to move out of the Shire this weekend. And it’s practically June.

I’ve been told by both professors and former students that the spring semester at CICS is the most difficult. Speaking as somebody who still is sporting an “I” for one of his classes, I think that I can agree with that for the most part.

There’s a strange phenomenon that I’ve noticed the past few weeks and I don’t really know if something similar happened my senior year and I just didn’t notice it, or if the Anderson University class of ’08 is experiencing something unique, but whatever the case, it’s been a pretty fascinating spectacle. It seems to me that a very significant subset of the AU graduating class decided to spend their last days as a college student desperately scrambling to squeeze in as many meaningful Andersonian experiences as possible. I have never been privy to so many scheduled outings to Deluxe Doughnuts, so many endorsements of the Marketplace cuisine, and so many break-neck sprints down memory lane. It’s as if they are all petrified that they won’t have enough ammunition for their nostalgia artillery.

Since, for whatever reason, I have been fortunate enough to get shoved into a lot of people’s schedules during this ephemeral quest for reminiscence, I think that I liked it. Not only would I be content to be “that guy I did that one thing with sophomore year” if it means a trip to Real Hacienda, I’ve also been blessed with the opportunity to have some really solid dialogue with some very sterling characters during the past few weeks. It’s been great. It’ll be exciting to see what trajectory they all take in this veritable explosion of humanity called graduation.

May God have His hand on the class of ’08 (and ’07). I want to hear all about graduation weekend from whoever will tell me about it.

I’m in Omaha visiting my sister! Ballin’!

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home