City in Darkness
In other news, IRELAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!
The past week has illustrated a truth of which I'm sure we all already have head knowledge. The world is a rough place and it breaks everybody's heart at some time or another. If somebody seems to have a conspicuous lack of anything breaking their heart, it means they're not comfortable enough with you to tell you about it. How rough is the world? Well, that's difficult to quantify, but my upbringing has lent itself to me believing that it's so bad that when the Son of God entered history and space they killed Him. That's bad.
So is there anything for it? Well, I believe this is true:
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I [Jesus] have overcome the world." - John 16:33
I also believe this is true:
"They [followers of Christ] are not of the world, even as I [Jesus] am not of it." - John 17:16
Not everybody believes that stuff's true. I reckon there's nothing I can do about that, but if you want to talk, listening is something that I actually can do.
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home