Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Middle Weight, Middle Distance

April has been really cold so far. Makes March look like a limp-wristed wastrel.

Park Place had a special Palm Sunday communion offering and I helped. All of the servers were accoutered as first century disciples who, upon the delivering the elements, met up on stage for a tableau vivant of da Vinci's the Last Supper. I felt kind of silly doing it and despite people telling me that they found it to be moving, I'm not sure if I really get what the point was. However, it had been a long time since I had played a participatory role in a church besides working in the nursery and involvement is cool, even if I don't get it.

I don't like food anymore.

For the past six weeks I've been focusing intently on increasing my bench pressing abilities. 300lbs has always been a nemesis of mine and the past few years have seen me getting kind of close to it, and then not so close to it, but never ever getting past it. I had hoped to eclipse it by way of 315lbs on Monday, but I got stuck real bad at 310, making my heaviest successful lift 305lbs. Sigh... It's going to be a slow march to 400.

I'm fresh out of roommates for the moment. Not a fan of that.

After having prepared two chicken breasts for dinner last night, I was still feeling rather peckish. Since there was still another forty minutes left of Braveheart to watch, I considered it logical to go off in search of something further to consume (CONSUME!!). What I found was a piece of cake leftover from my sister's birthday party. Now more than a month old, it wouldn't be unreasonable to pitch the thing without another thought about it. It was delicious.

I'm using Linux a lot more these days (OpenSUSE 11.0). Linux is fun. When I get some serious time to kill, I'm going to put Linux on my Desktop and create a Samba share to share files across the network to a Windows machine.

Apparently Windows 7 picks up some serious usability problems if you go more than 60 days without registering it. I imagine that if I reinstall it, I'll get another 60 days.

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home