Been very busy this February. Any given night of the week I have any combination of the following: rugby practice, rugby weight training, intramural soccer, intramural basketball, and personal edification. I think I can say without hyperbole that I haven't had a free weeknight all February. Last year's February, even with CICS, was not as busy as this one was (is). Last year's March was pretty good, though. I hope this one will be, too.
Odd Dreams
I dreamt that I was going to be executed. The method? Death by dragon. My only thought was to tell my friend that I wasn't going to be able to finish a logo that I had begun designing for him. Because I would be dead. And digested.
I dreamt that the Dairy Queen next to the AU campus had been purchased by Jimmie's Dairy Bar.
Six Nations Rugby
The Six Nations tournament is going on (not to be confused with San Francisco 7's which is also going on) and there are two undefeated teams so far: Wales and Ireland.
Wales, as you all will recall, won the tournament last year with a Grand Slam (undefeated) performance. Ireland, under the helm of Coach Eddie O'Sullivan, had suffered let down after let down, beginning with their under-performance in the 2007 World Cup. Now, with a new coach, new ELV's, and a new season, they're looking to make a big deal out of themselves.
I had hoped to watch some of the tournament via Setanta Broadband on a huge television that I would purchase, but I'm less sure that that will happen than I was last week.
Band of the Week
Malajube. I can't understand what they're saying a lot of the time, because they speak some bizarre strain of Canadian that I can't quite place. So with that, I can't fully endorse them because I can't critique their crazy moon-language lyrics. But they have this sound that they make. And I like that about them. That might be my favorite part about them. Also, they have a music video which is something you can watch by clicking
here.
-Ryan
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home