Friday, November 05, 2010

Praise Gesis!

As you probably all know, today is Guy Fawkes Day and I intend to celebrate it with a traditional observation involving baked beans and hot dogs and not for one second considering the hateful circumstances surrounding the holiday's origin.

Tomorrow's going to be a full day, I think. I'm going to start off with a trot over to Greencastle to shore up the DIII IRFU Championship, quickly hustle back to Anderson and hitch a ride going east to catch a show in Ohio featuring Sigur Rós' own Jónsi!

I don't think I mentioned it earlier, but I wrote an exegesis paper two weeks ago. It was one of those "all semester" project dealios, but I elected to wait all of three days before it was due to get started on it. Academically speaking, I've been a pretty bad procrastinator ever since middle school, but this turned out to be a particularly bad decision.

Every waking moment from the 24th to the 25th of October was wrapped around the form and content of Genesis 33:8-17 and I just barely finished before the deadline. "Just barely" as in, just minutes before it was due; I didn't have much time enough to reread the paper to check for cohesion and basic grammatical errors. As you might imagine, a paper of this scope has a considerable commentary on my final grade in this class, so I've been a little bit anxious about it, to say the least. Today I received an email from the instructor marked "Your Exegesis Paper."

116/120!! Stomp on that, responsible students!

In other news, there's a guy named Sonny Bill and he's going to be playing for New Zealand this weekend.

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home