Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Final Straw

I attended another wedding this past Saturday and from it I have gleaned the following life lesson: where anxious grooms, brides, and future mother-in-laws are concerned, it is far more important to appear busy than to accomplish anything at all. Inasmuch as I am not particularly gifted in the area of either looking busy or accomplishing anything, I was what the kids call "up a creek."

Knives are popular groomsman gifts. I think that I have received five knives thusly over the years. This latest one is the only one with which I think I could probably kill a goat, however. And that makes it special. Stupid goats...

On another note, I've listened to the band Snow Patrol ever since I was a freshman in college. Heck, I listened to 'em before the release of the grammatically contemptible "Chasing Cars" hokum. One of their songs, goes by the name of "Chocolate", features the phrase "as a child of twenty-five." Predictably, as a Clearasil-sporting freshman, I found the notion of a twenty-five-year-old child laughable. I'm not laughing anymore.

Just let me know when and where,

-Ryan

1 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Erica said...

I'm not laughing anymore.

Right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home