What's That Noise?
Here's what I've been all about.
Last week my roommate (number #13) got hitched, and as you might guess, that dominated my whole weekend. The bachelor party was a lot of fun; there was more Schism, water polo, Gentleman's, and conversations that made me feel like a fish out of water. And my foot swelled up like a dead raccoon.
The wedding itself was reasonably enjoyable as well, believe it or not. Two of my pals played an amazing song, the officiant was my boss, and the reception featured an espresso bar. At the end of the evening my foot was once again the size of a two-year-old human being (not a two-year-old human being's foot, but rather an entire two-year-old human being). It's like a magic trick. A repulsive, painful magic trick.
The Church of God camp meeting is going on right now. For the uninitiated among you, the camp meeting is when all CHOGers the world over say, "Screw it, I'm going to Anderson." There are people from Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and Ohio all milling about AU's humble campus even as I type this. A side effect of this unwieldy collection of displaced church-goers is that every Church of God congregation in Anderson (there are six, maybe?) gets a significant boost in attendance the Sunday of camp meeting (yesterday). All that to say this, I have a sincere appreciation for the concept that using church as a stage for the showcasing of human talent is, at worst, distasteful to the point of being sinful, and at best, pointless. That notwithstanding, I played drums in front of a larger audience than I ever have before and it was something of a rush. Yesterday Park Place was a party to something that I had heretofore never witnessed: rhythmic clapping.
Something pithy: God uses the strangest things to bring me back in love with Him.
Something Australian: like Bonhoeffer? Like Australian theology students? Listen to this.
Something fantastic: Who cares about Argentina's fĂștbol team? Their rugby team pwned France!
Something groovy: check out these kids. I liked them better when they were called Dividing the Plunder.
-Ryan


1 Comments:
Rhythmic clapping at Park Place? The Lord works in mysterious ways. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home