Thursday, April 22, 2010

Apple: Taking Them All On

As many folks who have shown me their new iDangle and expected me to care have found out, I'm not the biggest fan of Steve Jobs' business practices (more on this at a later time). All that notwithstanding, I have to hand it to him; he's got some teeth.

Unlike those kowtowing juggernauts at Microsoft, Steve Jobs doesn't seem to have too many reservations about the enemies he makes, and, ardent student of confrontation that I am, I can respect that.

Case 1
Adobe to Apple: "You're a proprietary, closed-box, tyrannical roadblock in the path of technological development!"

Apple to Adobe: "So are you."

Case 2
Matthew Browning to Steve Jobs: "You're not the morality police!"

Steve Jobs to Matthew Browning: "Look, if you want porn, you can buy an Android."

Case 3
Google to Apple: "You can put our OS on any hardware!"

Apple to Google: "Our OS is already on the best hardware!"

So to keep track, that's Apple against Adobe, Apple against Google, and Apple against its own whiney customers. Oh, and Apple against Microsoft I guess, but they've barely got a dog in this fight. I love it. It makes me want to buy an iPhone. But, you know, just to be ironic.

In other news, Tuesday was a bad day. I forgot to pay my gas bill and one of my players broke his leg in rugby practice. I wanted to crawl in a hole and eat a bucket of chicken. Then things got worse. The next day I listened to Jars of Clay's Closer and now I feel like I could eat a bucket of chicken in broad daylight. Thank God for music. For seriously.

I know what you're thinking,

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home