Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shuffled Off

Last weekend was a foul one. I suppose it's all a matter of perspective, though.

Of a mild nature is the fact that the music that my brother and I were going to play on Friday was put on hiatus due to too darn much snow. Also of a mild nature is my losing $50 to a buddy of mine who happens to be a Saints fan.

Stuff like that can make a reasonable weekend turn foul. Not all the happenings of the weekend were foul, I should mention. A good man received the extended hand of his heavenly Father and departed this mortal coil, much to the sorrow of those who had been fortunate enough to know him. Mr. Parker, my erstwhile coach and partner in rugby edification, died unexpectedly last Saturday, leaving the rest of us behind to muse away the questions we can't answer with thoughts and memories of the warmth and wisdom that he never denied anyone.

For him, rugby was less an activity in and of itself as it was a love language through which he could pour the benefit of his cultivating personality into vessels not as developed as he. It should be noted, however, that into nothing was his love expressed more clearly than his church and his family. With Coach, there was always a clearly defined cardinality of importance in life, and he never lost sight of it.

Once again heaven has gained what the earth has lost.
1 Corinthians 15:54

-Ryan

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Chris Wolfgang said...

Well written tribute.
Sorry seems so inadequate.
But sorry :(

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have shared your post with his wife. If I were she, I would want to know how sweetly my husband was thought of - and remembered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home