GREat Jorb!
I took the GRE today and I can say with absolute certainty that I definitely did take it. The testing site was none other than the ivy-covered walls of Ball State University, home of the Fightin' Cardinals! Chirp! Chirp! As I was driving along the halcyon byways that lead from the AU campus to the BSU campus, I was reminded that the city of Muncie used to feature much more heavily in my week-to-week affairs than it does today.
As some of you may recall, I did some graduate work at BSU following my baccalaureate but even before that chapter began, I was attending a small CMA congregation in Muncie every Sunday morning, often with one or more AU compatriots in tow. Even though this was my reality no more than a couple of years ago, it is tempting to recall it as a completely different lifetime altogether.
As I neared the city limits of Muncie proper, I saw the sun break gently across the eastern horizon, pouring rosy streaks of light across the slowly waking sky. Instead of focusing on the challenge that was imminently at hand, I instead began reflecting on the particulars of my life when this very commute was an indelible facet of my routine.
Preoccupied as I was with thoughts both nostalgic and whatever the opposite of that is, I scarcely took notice that my destination was upon me and that I had fewer than ten minutes to get to my seat. As is my wont when it comes to important tests that hold significant import on the unfolding of my academic trajectory, I had decided to forgo the recommended preparations for the GRE, and that included arriving at the testing site with plenty of time to spare. I parked my vehicle at a meter for which I had no coins and sprinted to good ol' Lucina Hall, the site of so many hours spent waiting in line to pay lab fees. Completely unprepared and rather discombobulated, I sauntered into the test area and did whatever it was that happened in there. I left feeling both relieved and hungry. As far as I know, I did fine.
In other news, the first footage taken of a giant squid in its natural habitat was released today! Turns out, they're terrifying!
I'm on your side in this thing,
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home