Thursday, August 11, 2011

Even Though It's Mid-August

It's August eleventh of course. About this time a year ago I had just returned from Kandern and was still jet-lagged. I think that in a way, I'm still playing catch-up from that experience.

Woke up this morning and I saw my breath. I also smelled the smoldering residue of my neighbor's dying campfire. The air was crisp and still. Tastes like fall.

As I mentioned before, Jonny Wilkinson featured in his first starter's appearance for England in over a year this past weekend in a pre-world cup "friendly" against Wales. He preformed well, leading many to make the case that he should be the de facto starting fly-half in England's RWC campaign. Considering all the recent fuss, I think the newly-launched (i.e. yesterday) JonnyWilkinson.com should see a decent pace of traffic. Regarding the site itself, I can't say that I'm a fan of the design, but some of the content is mildly interesting. Listening to a crotchety Steve Black wax analytical about the film Avatar is definitely a highlight.

Classes at AU start in a few short weeks and I haven't registered for a single class yet. Procrastination follows me everywhere.

Anybody know anything about Jailbreaking a G1 iPhone? My brother generously gave me his old one to use as an iPod Touch after I foolishly broke mine by leaving it (and myself) out in the rain. Since it is a G1, applications requiring iOS 4 can't be installed on it. Unless you Jailbreak it. Still, I'm not too keen on bricking another piece of technology in such a short time period, so before I go ahead I want to be sure that I know what I'm doing.

Some good citizen left this fellow on my doorstep:
SPOOOOOON!
-Ryan

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Derek Reiff said...

Try jailbreakme.com. Easiest exploit found yet.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, I miss you. Consider this your weekly check-in at your hole underground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home