Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Christmas in July

Happy July everybody!

European rugby has been over for weeks, as have the Stanley Cup and the USA T&F Natty's, and this Saturday, the Super 15 (Southern Hemisphere rugby) season ends. There's about a two-month window for sports boredom before the RWC gets going. I've been in the market for a little while to diversify my sporting portfolio; does anybody have a suggestion?

I hope you all had a great time celebrating your independence from the French. I know I did, I went to central Ohio and whooped it up at the Zoombezi Bay with some Ohio-type people. It was neat! There's a whole suite of water-slides that you go down without the even the negligible protection of an inner-tube. They remove small chunks of you every time you go down to leave you with that freshly flayed feeling!

Then I went to beautiful Crawfordsville, Indiana to actually celebrate Independence day. Turns out I've gone there for five years running.

Then I went to Lebanon to actually celebrate Independence Day.

You can say what you like about the Decemberists, but they've made a heck of a lot of music. Probably too much, even.

Somebody just gave me a pair of practically new Adidas Clima365's! They're currently unavailable!

A few friends of mine were in from their parish out in the Portland area and I got to enjoy a fine meal with them and another couple last night. It made me think about all the good times and all the terrible times I've had in the Portland area. Then it made me think about that time I had rattlesnake jerky. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and kangaroo.

Getting back on that horse,

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home