DIII Midwest Tournament
It's been a long time since the last posting on This Blog and You, but that's not because nothing's been happening in the past month.
Since last we spoke I visited some Teach Beyond chums in California and while there I got to experience SLO, Disneyland, and very nearly a bloody death on the rocky shoals of San Francisco Bay.
Now that RC Toulon is out of the Heineken Cup, I don't know for whom to root. Leinster, I suppose. But speaking of rugby, tomorrow is the DIII Midwest tournament! That's right, AU will be facing off against the best teams that USA (Midwest DIII) rugby has to offer! Standing in the gap are such household names as Bemidji State University, Illinois State University, Franciscan University, and of course St. Mary's College. With such giants of industry as these on the docket, you can be sure that some quality rugby will be on hand tomorrow in the Windy City. Go Ravens!
There is one forthcoming sporting spectacle in which not knowing for whom to root will be no kind of problem. Obviously I'm talking about the Boston Marathon! You better know I'll be checking it out live on cbsboston.com and hopefully seeing some fast times from America's own Ryan Hall!
I am just now starting to get near some kind of playing strength for this fall. Unfortunately, this is accompanied by no kind of playing speed, so I availed myself of the wisdom of my erstwhile roommate and current AU sprinting coach and asked him what he thought I should do. Surprisingly, he said I should start running. I wasn't particularly happy about that, but I was much less happy when I actually tried to run. Never has three miles been so long, difficult, and fat.
End of the semester is coming up. Papers, papers, papers. Blagh.
The quest to add some manner of privacy consideration to This Blog and You is currently back to the drawing board. From what I could gather, the JavaScript encryption method works well enough if you're viewing a post in a normal browser, but the proposition becomes less streamlined when you introduce some sort of RSS aggregator. Meh.
-Ryan


1 Comments:
Go RAVENS!!
Now, what about the near death thing at San Fran Bay? Is that something I missed during table conversation?
Post a Comment
<< Home