Awww Yissss
It's March, ladies and gentlemen, and you know what that means: it's not February! Srsly, February is the kind of month that makes you wish that it was a different month. And now it is. So I got my wish.
We are right there at the halfway point in the Six Nations Championship and I'm currently in the throes of the inner turmoil that comes from being emotionally pulled in two different directions. Here's the deal, my favorite player (Jonny Wilkinson) is on the deck for the English squad while my favorite club (Munster) is well-represented on the Irish squad. France beat Ireland and then England beat France. You do the math, Ireland still has a shot at the cup if they can beat England in two weeks... I'm so fractured.
Both of my intramural seasons ended unceremoniously last night. I felt good about my chances in the floor hockey campaign, but once again my playoff run has been cut short due to me not being good at what I attempt to do.
Speaking of that sort of thing, I threw down 5,182 calories of noodley swill yesterday and today I crested a new personal record in the squat. Granted, it wasn't the sort of weight that is going to earn me the acceptance I so pathetically crave from any real-deal power-lifters, but a personal best is a personal best so you can all keep your snarky comments to yourself.
A side effect of eating 5,000 calories a day is that some of my t-shirts no longer fit. That is to say, I look like a tool when I wear them. Now I'm no stranger to people coming to that conclusion on their own, but I prefer it when they actually have to talk to me to figure it out.
Last semester I waited until the week before my exegesis paper was due before I began writing it. Will I do that again this semester? Place your bets now!
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home