Thursday, November 05, 2015

Bases for Breakfasts

Like many Americans should have, I celebrated a weird British holiday by enjoying a texmex breakfast novelty on the cheap. Of course the free AM Crunchwrap on offer at Taco Bell this morning had little to do with Guy Fawkes day, and much to do Lorenzo Cain's stolen base in game 1 of the World Series.

Speaking of the World Series, congratulations to the Kansas City Royals. I know that the transative property has little purchase in the sporting arena, but it was a little dissapointing to see so little trouble taken to dispatch a team that had so little trouble dispatching the Cubs.

I patronized a haunted corn maze on the 31st. It was being staffed by mostly high schoolers from what I could tell. The actors in the maze were enthusiastic (if a bit on the obnoxious side) and it seemed to me that they were having a good time. I had a pretty good time as well, but I am not a fan of the psycho-killer motif that seems to pervade the haunted house scene these days. When it comes to haunted houses, I'm looking for more "Scooby-Doo" than "Saw".

So New Zealand unsurprisingly won their game against Australia last Saturday, making them the first team to win three RWC championships and the first team to win back to back RWC championships. I would have loved for anybody else to win, honestly, but it's hard to harbor too much resentment toward a team that does stuff like this.

So This Blog and You quietly turned ten years old over the weekend. I had some notion of redesigning my web template to mark the occasion, but as with so many other blog-related aspirations of mine, it just kind of didn't happen. As some of you may know, This Blog and You began as an undergrad assignment to familiarize myself with the then-new Blogger platform. I miss when more of my friends and aquaintences blogged on the regular. I miss when I blogged on the regular, actually.

Paul O'Connell signed a two-year contract with Toulon! European Rugby Champions Cup starts next week! I can hardly wait!

Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home