Mid-May Recap
Last Saturday was AU's ninety-second spring graduation ceremony. It was all right. The phenomenon I experienced last year at this time, the desperate efforts expended by graduates to catch up with friends and acquaintances one last time before leaving Anderson, was experienced on a much lesser scale this year. At least it seemed kind of like that to me. Of course last summer, I was sad to see everyone go and see Anderson virtually evacuated. So far this year, having the majority of the AU student body gone has been awesome. I can go to the OC Lewis gymnasium and just roll around center court if I want to and nobody will say anything.
I'm privy to one or several weddings going down this summer. Occasionally, those involved will opt to fill me in on the comings and goings of wedding planning. One thing that all these elucidations have in common is that none of them really have anything especially positive to say about planning a wedding. It's just "huge hassle" this and "what a burden" that. Which of course prompts me to pose the most obvious question that I can think of: why do people get married?
I bought a genuine Louisville Slugger for $2.99 last weekend. As you know, they have the tendency to run anywhere from $25.99 to $34.99 when they're brand new. On average, I reckon I got a 90% discount.
It's been brought to my attention recently that I leave people with terrible first impressions of me. On four separate accounts folks have come up and confessed this to me in the past month. It's a good thing that first impressions aren't important at all.
I came across a word that I would like to start using: nadir. It means lowest possible point. It could be a very useful word but I think that it would frequently have to be explained if used in conversations, which of course would make the user look like a tool.
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home