Don't You Know Homecoming Sucks?
A friend of mine once told me of an exchange that he had with a freshman, who, upon learning that a cross country meet would take him away from the Anderson University campus on October 11, protested, "But we'll miss homecoming." Unmoved, my friend responded "Don't you know that homecoming sucks?"
Even though that story is over a year old, it's still topical because AU's 2009 homecoming was this weekend past. As a result of homecoming, I felt as though my presence was temporarily in demand as many of my friends and acquaintances from the past three years were on hand and wished to, at the very least, say hello. As I've confessed before, I kind of like these shotgun tours down memory lane. Problem was, I had roughly 7 hours into which all kinds of fellowship opportunities needed to be stuffed. The result, while enjoyable, was almost stress inducing.
I've been using basketball drills in rugby practice. I used the eleven-man drill in practice yesterday and it turns out it's a good way to practice open field defense. By the by, We play Earlham today at 5:45.
Thanks to everybody who sent me their congratulations in regards to rugby 7's admission into the 2016 Olympic games.
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home