Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Joy of Lo-Rez

Happy September. I don't take many pictures these days, not as many as I used to, anyway. That being the case, I don't carry my camera around with me so in the event that I see something that I want to photograph, I have to resort to using the camera in my cellular telephone. Transferring the images off of the phone is a little bit of a production and so pictures may stay on there for months at a time without me thinking about them. So please, enjoy these poorly conceived low-resolution pictures in all their 2.0 Megapixelated splendor.



It's beautiful downtown Fortville's pride and joy, the enduring symbol of drunken hallucination, ladies and gentlemen, it's a life-sized pink elephant. This display was set up at a Barnes & Noble. Picture taken 8/9/2008.


A buddy of mine drove this Mercedes away after his wedding last summer. I can't quite place the vehicle's year. I would estimate it to be around a '51. If anybody knows, give me a heads up.



You wouldn't think it to look at it, but that's $40 worth of sea bass right there. It makes me sick just thinking on it. I referenced this meal in From Westchester. It was Wednesday's meal.



Also taken last October, this image was captured last Fall Break and is of the inside of a courthouse in Xenia, Ohio. So taken was I by the courthouse's furnishings that I began roaming from room to room taking photographs until they threw me out.



Fast-forward to May of '09; I did my best to create visually pleasing and appetizingly stimulating Mexican-ish dinner for five. I was still very hungry afterwords.



August 26, 2009: holy smokes. I'm not much of a cook, but I make some awesome barbecue chicken. No foolin'. Restaurant quality.



August 29, 2009: this is the most impressive vehicle I've seen so far in my incredibly long life. It's a 1929 E1 Cord concept. It is literally a one-of-a-kind automobile. It was the pinnacle of the Auburn-Cord-Duesenburg's mechanical triumphs of yesteryear. Though it's difficult to gauge in this picture, this car is nearly 25 feet long.



-Ryan

3 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Chris Wolfgang said...

That car looks like something out of a Thin Man movie. I say that bc I traveled on over to the post about your sea bass pic. And I too have learned a lot about how to behave in an unfamiliar restaurant from our dear uncle. Must needs write him a thank you note to that effect some day.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Wolfgang said...

I might mention that learning how to behave in an unfamiliar restaurant cost me nearly $50! Also, I concur about the Thin Man observation.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think your low-resolution pix are GREAT! Esp that car! Whoa-hoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home