Wednesday, July 01, 2009

SunSpider

It's July and 2009 has never been more than half over as it is right now. As I'm fond of pointing out, one-hundred and forty-six years ago today, it was real hot. And a lot of Southerners went to Gettysburg to find shoes and biscuits, wherein many of them were shot.

So Firefox 3.5 was released just a few hours ago, and I'd recommend that you all go out and get your updates now. So you're probably asking yourself, "Gee, what is it that makes Firefox 3.5 so great?" Well, it has to do with the SunSpider benchmark suite. Designed by Apple's Webkit team, SunSpider measures JavaScript performance based on real world demands and perceived near-future demands. After the results came in, 3.5 was found to be twice as fast as 3.0 and over ten times as fast as 2.0. Ballin'.

Wanna see how good your browser is? Go to acid3.acidtests.org to see how it handles the rigors.

If you know who won the second test match between the Springboks and the Lions, DON'T TELL ME!!! I'm sure that the Lions lost, but technically I don't know that for sure, since I haven't read my RSS feeds. UK media outlet TheBox is offering to let folks watch the Lions' test matches for free... a few days after it takes place. So that kind of isn't too cool, but it'll be fun to watch anyhow.

Hey listen here, have a great July. Seriously. It's never been July 2009 before. It may never be again. It could be awesome, so enjoy yourselves. I'd like to have a root beer with all of you. May God bless you according to His riches and in spite of your inability to not be stupid.

-Ryan

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Chris Wolfgang said...

Upgraded. Thanks for the reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home