At Least AU Won
This has been a rough weekend for my sporting portfolio. My three favored teams (Ireland, England, and Argentina) had managed to make it as far as the quarter-finals in the Rugby World Cup. They'll make it no further. Right up until 2:00 AM Saturday morning my thoughts had been preoccupied with how exciting it would be if all three of my picks were to win. It had not even crossed my mind that all three of my picks might lose.
I rather feel for Jonny Wilkinson, Brian O'Driscoll, Paul O'Connell, Ronan O'Gara and Felipe Contepomi (can you match the names to the respective countries?). This is most likely the last RWC for all of them and I can't help but think that they deserved a little more. Probably especially maybe Brian O'Driscoll. BOD, I still think you're a top bloke. Erin Go Braugh.
Also, did anybody watch the Chicago Marathon this morning? Ryan Hall posted some fairly underwhelming numbers (for him, that is). I suppose that you can't fault him too much; it was quite warm there and Hall's people are clearly of Nordic stock. Probably performs best around seven degrees Celtigrade.
In other news, AU took the field against the Fightin' Wildcats over in Marion yesterday. Despite less-than-exemplary form at times, the Ravens managed a 20-7 victory over IWU. Fans of DIII rugby may realize that this is the first full season for the IWU rugby club and that being the case, may have expected a little bit heftier point differential. Well, I was surprised too, but the 'Cats played very well. I predict that in a few years they will be a sincere force with which to be reckoned in the already highly competitive Indiana DIII rugby circuit.
Midterms coming up. I should study harder. Stave off the ignorance a bit.
-Ryan


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home